YAMATO 40TH ANNIVERSARY
These majestic queens of the high seas are associated with numerous epic tales from the seven oceans of the world. Modellers can enjoy collecting the ships from various fleets such as those from the Japanese Navy. This series is a collaborative effort between three model manufacturers in Shizuoka, including of course Tamiya. As the series name suggests, the models in this line-up all omit the portion of the hull below the waterline to enable them to be displayed as though they were at sea. The compact 1/700 scale is the perfect size for collecting your model fleet and the amount of detail included even in this small scale will surprise you. With over 100 ships in the series, it is perhaps the largest collection of its kind in the world!
The 1/700 Water Line Series was created in May 1971 by a collaborative effort by four Japanese model
manufacturers organizing the Shizuoka Plastic Model Manufacturers' Association at that time. The series
features WWII and modern warships from the navies of various nations. This year marks the 40th anniversary
of the series and the three manufacturers from the association (Tamiya, Aoshima, and Hasegawa) collaborated to
celebrate this historic occasion. Each manufacturer will release a popular Japanese battleship model from their
line-up and Tamiya chose the Yamato as its special model.
• 1/700 scale assembly kit model of the Japanese Battleship Yamato.
• Kit depicts the Yamato in her final form as she headed towards Okinawa on her final sortie (same as Item 31113).
• The flare of the bow and the armor belts along her sides have been accurately reproduced, along with her
main turrets, secondary 15.5cm gun turrets, and anti-aircraft armament including 12.7cm gun mounts.
• Parts are also included to depict details such as rangefinders, radars, and cranes.
• Features original package artwork of the 1st generation WL Yamato model (Item 77009/31105).
• Completed Length: 375mm